What is Generic_r.EZ?Generic_r.EZ is an adware that is created to insert ads on the popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is also deemed as a tool to generate revenue via your every clicking on the sponsored ads from Generic_r.EZ.
It is downloaded and installed in the background without your permission as a bundled component of your wanted freeware and shareware. You wouldn’t know that you have downloaded and installed Generic_r.EZ when you did the same with your wanted freeware or shareware.
Here’re the tips to prevent adware like Generic_r.EZ in the future:1. Try to install less freeware or shareware from the internet since they may be contained with unwanted potential programs like adware and spyware.
2. Try not to browse the malicious websites planted with exploit code.
3. Try to browse the websites with good reputation.
Once it is installed on your computer, it definitely modifies the browser default settings like search engine to ensure its automatic popup.
What will happen if my computer is hit by Generic_r.EZ?1. It will display various ads on the hacked browser, being annoying and interrupting.
2. It will slow down your computer by consuming most of the system resource.
3. It will allow marketers to monitor user’s website browsing activities and use the information to deliver advertisement based on internet habit.
4. It will install backdoors and make your computer vulnerable for additional malware like Trojan and spyware.
5. It will lead your confidential information like credit card details and some account log in details exposed.
As you can see, Generic_r.EZ is nothing good but brings a lot of chaos to your computer. You are suggested to remove it as soon as you can before any further damage caused.
2 Removal Solutions
Solution 1: Remove Generic_r.EZ Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Generic_r.EZ from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find Generic_r.EZ list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Generic_r.EZ then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Generic_r.EZ registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
E: Remove all Generic_r.EZ associated files
F： Restart your computer to check if the Generic_r.EZ is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove Generic_r.EZ automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Generic_r.EZ
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.