How startsear.info gets on my computer?
1. Your clicking on the malicious links.
2. Your browsing on the hacked websites planted with exploit code.
3. Your opening the infected email attachments.
What roles does startsear.info play if my computer is hit by startsear.info?1. An unwanted changer: it gets itself onto the target browser as an extension so that it can modify browser default settings including search engine and homepage.
2. A browser hijacker: it locks your default homepage on startsear.info. The browser hijacker can infect the popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
3. An unwelcome recorder: it is able to record your browsing history and your confidential information like credit card details and some account log in details.
4. A retarder: your computer will be definitely dragged down because the background activities started by startsear.info.
5. A trouble maker: it installs backdoors and makes your computer system vulnerable for the additional malware like Trojan, spyware and rogue antivirus programs.
As you can see how unwelcome startsear.info it can be to your computer, you are highly suggested remove startsear.info as soon as you can before any further damage like loss of private data.
Manual Removal Solution
Solution 1: Remove Startsear.info Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Startsear.info from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find Startsear.info list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Startsear.info then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Startsear.info registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe
F： Restart your computer to check if the virus is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove Startsear.info automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Startsear.info
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.