Websteroids DescriptionWebsteroids is considered as an adware that attacks browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Actually, it is not a virus; it is mainly designed as a platform for displaying sponsored ads. Once it breaks into the computer, every other website may be inserted ads by Websteroids and you may get a lot of re-directs against your desired websites which are replaced by spam webistes.
These are what Websteroids claims about itself:
Show The Web Who's Boss
Don't like a website or a news story? Unleash your gaming skillz and show them who's boss. For free!
Keep an Eye On Your Score!
View your score while destroying any website. And if you keep your head down, who knows, some day you may even find yourself in the Websteroids HOF.
Easy to Uninstall!
If at any point you wish to uninstall Websteroids, you can do so within Add/Remove Programs
Use It to Destroy Ads!
Websteroids is an awesome way to clear away clutter, ads or anything you don't like on a website!
Works On Major Platforms!
Websteroids works on Microsoft Windows® Internet Explorer®, Mozilla Firefox® and Google Chrome.
100% Safe & Secure!
Websteroids does not keep track of what websites you destroy, unless it's a site about bacon. Upon which, your Websteroids privileges will be immediately revoked.
However, these are absolutely not what victims claim. Victims claim that Websteroids can’t be removed buy any antivirus programs as well as the numerous ads and re-directs. They also have tried to delete the related extension and plug-in as well as browser history, still, Websteroids comes back as before.
Potential harms of Websteroids:1) It lurks into computer without any permission.
2) It may alter browser default settings including search engine and homepage.
3) It may seriously drags down the computer speed by consuming most of the system resource.
4) It may cause random system crash.
5) It may drop other sorts of malicious programs like Trojan and spyware into the hacked computer.
6) It may log browsing history and confidential information like banking details and accounts details.
As you can see, Websteroids is such an unwanted malicious program for you. You are highly recommended to remove it as soon as you can.
Removal Solution Details
Solution1: Remove websteroids manually
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find websteroids list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Websteroids then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Websteroids registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Remove Websteroids automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Websteroids
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
(You may also be supposed to optimize your computer with RegCure Pro which can deeply figure out and fix various windows registry errors so as to avoid potential risk, as well as to ensure your computer security.)
Step C. Download PC optimizer RegCure Pro
1) Click here or the icon to download RegCure Pro
2) Follow the instructions to install RegCure Pro
Step D. Run RegCure Pro to optimize your PC