MyPC Backup Tested by Tee Support
Tee Support Lab has tested MyPC Backup on our virtual machine and has found commons with Strongvault online backup. My pc backup program would give you reminders constantly, telling you that you need to backup your files online now. It is appearing irritating and you don’t want the reminder anymore but you don’t know where to start the remove. We have found that in the reminder message, there’s no indication of ‘mypc backup’ program, and we are told by some clients that they don’t know what mypc backup is, they never use it and don’t know they have downloaded it. If you Google ‘mypc backup’, you may find something astounding in some computer help forums – it is appearing along with search.conduit.com and other rogue programs!
We are not saying mypc backup is a malware, however, many people would say so, we just find is suspicious as no legit and normal program will installs itself without asking for permission. After the observation that has lasted for quite a while, we find that troubles are coming one after another.
Because of random changes to the system to allow Mypc backup’s settlement, vulnerability/ loophole is formed into shape to make the following troubles possible:
- Computer is running more slowly day by day;
- Browser is acting weird, it flashes or crashes sometimes;
- More ads the usual start to happen and search engine virus attaches to the browser;
- Mypc backup cannot be removed/uninstalled easily from Control Panel.
- All these are sufficient for you to remove Mypc backup in a heartbeat. Below are steps offered by us right after the test. Stick to them and wish you good luck.
Steps on How to Uninstall MyPC Backup
1. Reboot your computer and log into Safe Mode with Networking.
2. uninstall MyPC Backup in Control Panel.
3. Show hidden files.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by MyPC Backup:
- C:\Program Files\MyPC Backup\license.rtf
- C:\Program Files\MyPC Backup\uninstaller.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\MyPC Backup\MyPC Backup Tutorial
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\MyPC Backup\License Agreement
4. Please stop the processesof MyPC Backup
5. Go to the Registry Editor to delete all entries related to MyPC Backup.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MyPC Backup
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MyPC BackupSettingsMngr
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyPC Backup
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\MyPC Backup
6. Reset your IE
a) Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
b) In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Restore Defaults button and then press O
Don’t forget that tracking cookies are always frequent callers when there is vulnerability/loophole in the system, so that they can collect your information to get easy money for their spammers by reselling stolen information. So do not hesitate any longer and help yourself. If you are not techie, you are welcome to live chat for online tech support 24/7 here.