What is Torcho.com?Torcho.com is deemed as a browser hijacker that is programmed to aim at hijacking browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is also considered as a platform to display sponsored ads, deals and coupons to gain traffic for its products. Typically, it gets on your computer as a bundled component of your wanted freeware or shareware. You may have downloaded and installed some freeware or shareware from the internet without paying any attention. You wouldn’t know that you have downloaded and installed Torcho.com when you did the same with your wanted freeware or shareware. Here’s the tip: download from official sites and choose Customize Installation to cancel the bundled components or suspicious programs.
Once Torcho.com gets on your computer, it pretends to be an extension or an add-on to attach itself onto the target browser so that it can modify browser default settings like search engine and default homepage into its. As a result, you have to experience that your default homepage is always being redirected to Torcho.com. Besides, you will get irrelevant redirects taking place of your desired search results.
It can’t be removed by your antivirus program, acting like an immortal pest.
2. It collects your browsing history for the marketers and may lead your confidential information like credit card password exposed.
3. It may install backdoors and make your computer system vulnerable for the additional malware like Trojan, spyware and ransomware.
4. It may lead your browser crash down randomly.
2 Removal Solutions
Solution 1: Remove Torcho.com Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Torcho.com from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find Torcho.com list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Torcho.com then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Torcho.com registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe
F： Restart your computer to check if the virus is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove Torcho.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Torcho.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.