What is PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP?As you can see from this virus name, PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP is a Trojan which is mainly designed to be a password stealer.
It takes advantage of your computer system vulnerabilities to sneaks onto the computer without any permission. Once it is installed, these are the scenes that you may encounter:
1) Your computer speed is suddenly dragged down. It takes a much longer time to launch and download webpages as well as running a program.
2) Some legitimate programs on the computer are disabled.
3) Annoying sounds are playing background, which you don’t know where it is from.
4) PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP steals account log in details as well as banking details.
5) It deletes files and data, which can be your precious.
As you can see, PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP is nothing good to your computer but a malicious program. You are highly suggested to remove it as soon as you can before any further damages. PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP can be removed easily. For the sake of your computer security, please remove it by following the manual removal solution below.
If you still keep it on your computer instead of removing, you may and will encounter such problems.
1) It may drop other sorts of malware onto your computer since your computer is compromised. For example, search conduit.com may hijack your browser and you never get your desired search results.
2) Computer may keep restarting and restarting.
3) Confidential information is leaked and stolen.
4) It may lock you out of your computer.
Step-by-step Guide to Remove PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP Manually
Solution 1: Remove PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP Manually
Before performing the manual removal of Trojan W32Infector.Gen8, reboot your computer and before Windows interface loads, press F8 key constantly. Choose "Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then press Enter key. System will load files and then get to the desktop in needed option.
Note: if you run a win8, you can follow the instruction here: http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-blocked-by-ukash-or-moneypak-ransomware/ . Besides, you can process the steps in normal mode if your computer runs fine in normal mode.
Step1: Go to Task Manager with Alt+Ctrl+Delete and stop its process.
Note: you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open your Task Manager as well.
Step2. Remove Trojan W32Infector.Gen8 files, search the related files:
C:\Users/Karen/AppData\Local\Temp\msi10245.exe C:\Users\Karen\AppData\Local\Temp\msi10245.exeNote: Trojan W32Infector.Gen8 is able to change files locations. In another word, its files can be scattered in every corner of your computer, you need to check your PC all over to make sure.
Step3. Remove PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP registries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "" = "%AppData%\.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation"=1Step 4: Restart your computer to the normal mode.
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Remove PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block PWS:win32/Zbot.gen!AP
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
(You may also be supposed to optimize your computer with RegCure Pro which can deeply figure out and fix various windows registry errors so as to avoid potential risk, as well as to ensure your computer security.)
Step C. Download PC optimizer RegCure Pro
1) Click here or the icon to download RegCure Pro
2) Follow the instructions to install RegCure Pro
Step D. Run RegCure Pro to optimize your PC