Creepy Nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 Pop-up Virus
‘This ad keeps opening new window after new window, when windows virus protect fix, it then starts on the tabs, I deleted IE 9, yet it still opens in an IE window, google chrome has been affected by this when I've delected IE 9’
With the above description, it is also told that they have encountered some other problems as listed below:
- Computer is running much slowly;
- Page loading speed is significantly dragged down;
- More in-text words are underlined to take you to some promoting web sites;
- Some strange apps are installed all of a sudden;
- CPU usage is not stable and most of the time, it is highly consumed;
- Search redirect issues start to be seen often.
Something You Don’t Know about Nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 Pop up
1) when in, nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 would install its vicious components into browser settings, that’s why nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 pop up ad seems to take control of the whole browser and able to keep popping up regardless what you have done trying to solve the problem.
2) nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 pop-up virus would utilize rookit method, that’s why scans by reputable anti-virus program will not help detect guilty items and all browsers installed on the target machine will get infected by nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 virus one by one.
3) when you are seeing nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 messing around on your computer, vulnerability is already made to allow tracking cookies as well as other deadly virus in, which will result in information theft. By reselling stolen information, nvp.sv.b9mt.net popup ad is able to help generate great profit to its spammer as it would help other virus to get into the compromised computer and get more valuable information.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of nvp.sv.b9mt.net.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by nvp.sv.b9mt.net:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nvp.sv.b9mt.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Delete possible .js file related to nvp.sv.b9mt.net
Take Firefox for example
- Open your profile folder.
(At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information. )
- Under the Application Basics section, click on Show Folder.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the File menu and then select Exit
- Open the file user.js with a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
- Remove the lines for the options you want to be able to change.
- Save the file and close the text editor.
Solution B: Remove Nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5 automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Nvp.sv.b9mt.net/5
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.