Re-emergence of Search-india.net
Suddenly, your homepage is set to http://search-india.net/?src=ads/, you want it back to the original one by every means but search-india.net simply comes back over and over again after each reboot. We kindly suggest you pay attention to the items install without your knowledge and permission, because once you are made to install them, your computer will run into a mess:
- More ads are coming out of nowhere;
- More unrelated search results you are taken to;
- Computer will get stuck somehow and runs more and more slowly day by day;
- Page loading speed is deteriorating;
- Error messages are seen when you are trying to make some changes to the compromised computer.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Search-india.net Manually
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of portaldosites.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by search-india.net:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
4. Remove add-ons generated by search-india.net
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Delete possible .js file related to search-india.net
Take Firefox for example
- Open your profile folder.(At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information. )
- Under the Application Basics section, click on Show Folder.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the File menu and then select Exit
- Open the file user.js with a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
- Remove the lines for the options you want to be able to change.
- Save the file and close the text editor.
Solution B: Remove Search-india.net automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Search-india.net
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.