What Is Qtrax
Qtrax DRM (Qtrax digital music) by portal.qtrax.com claims to provide high-quality downloads. However, it is reported by many people that they want to uninstall qtrax, including qtrax music downloader packages and qtrax player. Here is the quotation:
‘any tips on how to stop this "qtrax" thing that keeps appearing on my PC? Ive tried various methods Ive read about but it always returns sometimes a week later! Its not really interfering with anything but its annoying having to delete it all the time!’
What Makes People Want to Uninstall Qtrax?
- Some found that it is not worthy of spending a long time to download one song by using qtrax;
- Some found that there are more ads coming up after qtrax is installed;
- Some found that qtrax’s installation results in a sluggish computer;
- Some found that qtrax is causing error messages;
- Some would like to uninstall qtrax because it is suspicious and not be able to uninstall it in an easy way.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Qtrax DRM Manually
1. Find Qtrax in Add/Remove program and right click on it to delete it.
To remove Qtrax on XP:
- Click on the Windows 7 Start Menu button and then click on the Control Panel.
- double-click the Uninstall a program icon
- A list of programs installed will be populated, this may take a bit of time.
- In this list, find Qtrax that you would like to remove and select it by left-clicking once on it.
- Then click on the Uninstall button to start the uninstall process for this program. A wizard should then open, which will guide you through the rest of the uninstall.
To remove Qtrax on XP:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Qtrax.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by Qtrax:
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\QtraxNotification: “%Profile%\Qtrax\Player\Notification.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Solution B: Remove Qtrax DRM automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Qtrax DRM
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.