‘Surveys, blue links and Zone alarm I get a survey pop up on a large number of web pages saying something like " congratulations you have been chosen to participate in a survey for ....(the web page you are entering). Also on many sites such as Wikipedia, many Forms etc. there are a number of light blue or red double underlined common words that link you to some form of advertisement. I had tis problem years ago but can't remember how it was solved.
Also on IE Zone alarm has hijacked the home page. I have been able eliminate it from the search engines but not from the home page. Zone Alarm has not affected Firefox.’
If you have the same problem and you cannot recall when you downloaded zone alarm, you may have your attention as deadly virus would act just the same way.
Potential Dangers by Zone Alarm
Registry entries are getting into the center of the machine, it would stir up the stability and compactness of the system:
- Zone Alarm has made it as an auto startup item by inserting its part into startup session;
- Zone alarm has generated more than reasonable numbers of processes and junks in the system;
- Zone alarm is a tough one that will not accept easy deletion.
- Tracking cookies are able to get into the system easily to collect your information both stored in the system and sent through instant messages; so your information is in risk.
- Deadly virus can also take advantage of the vulnerability to help complete its infiltration; so your computer health is not guaranteed.
- Some system services may not work properly any longer; so some of your work may not be proceed smoothly.
Do not want zone alarm any more simply because you find it is useless? Out of whatever reason you want to get rid of zone alarm, you are welcome to follow the steps below.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Zone Alarm Manually
Step 1: search for and delete all files related to zone alarm after showing hidden files:
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files generated by zone alarm.
step 2: delete all related registry values related to zone alarm in your local hard disk C:
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove Zone Alarm Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove Zone Alarm just like hands down for you.
Solution B: Remove Zone Alarm automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Zone Alarm
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.