Like what is pasted here, coupondropdown popup ad is of this size.
But you will be surprised at the tough time it has imposed on you:
- Control Panel would not delete it in the first place and you will no long find it from there;
- Reset the infected browser settings back to default but they simply become abnormal again and again;
- Some items of coupondropdown refuse to be deleted from add-ons/ extensions on the browser so it persists;
- Error message prompt up when you are trying to delete something related to coupondropdown.com/ coupondropdown adware.
Frustrating Coupondropdown Malware
If you don’t think that a little piece of coupondropdown malware could arouse trouble to you, you are all wet. We suggest you take a glance over it to make you updated and run to get an effective solution to tackle it down:
- coupondropdown malware (including coupondropdown search redirect virus and coupondropdown malware popup ad ) will slice down the general running speed of the computer;
- there are more popup seen on the web pages after coupondropdown malware hovers around you;
- coupondropdown malware seems to make system firewall unstable;
- you are taken to more promoting sites other than the pages related to query words;
- more words in text are underlined with hyperlink from some reason after coupondropdown malware is detected;
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Stop Coupondropdown Manually1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Coupondropdown.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by Coupondropdown:
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbardtx.ini
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarguid.dat
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarlog.txt
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarpreferences.dat
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstat.log
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstats.dat
3. Delete all registry values related to Coupondropdown in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCurVer
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCLSID
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuard
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuard.1
4. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Stop Coupondropdown automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Stop Coupondropdown
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove Stop Coupondropdown right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.