How Does Topic Torch Get in?
All of the sudden, you got topic torch running banners across the bottom of your page? You haven’t downloaded any spam software or rubbish, and how topic torch installs itself into your computer?
Nowadays, virus are getting smarter, they use stealthy method to infiltrate your precious machine like update software or update Adobe. There are other widely known dissemination routines as listed below:
- Click on random popup ads, links sent by unknown sender and from poisoned emails/ instant messages;
- Streaming videos on poisoned web sites;
- Get infected with some search engine virus/ browser hijackers recently;
- Install freeware/ shareware/ rogueware into your computer.
What Does Topic Torch Toolbar Do?
If you have ever noticed that every time you go to a website topic torch bar appears at the bottom giving you search suggestions according to the website you are on? It is telling you that topic torch follows you anywhere on the websites. It knows what you have searched, what attracts your attention. That’s why you are seeing more and more pop up on your browser. The spammer behind topic torch would resell collected information to other spammers, especially those who write adware, as adware display products for potential pc users to do online shopping.
The moment topic torch gets into your computer secretly, vulnerability is thereof made. It would alleviate installations of other virus like fake anti-virus programs like System Care and homepage virus, etc.. With more junks getting into your machine, topic torch grows into a tougher gadget. You want to disable/ eradicate topic torch toolbar in Control Panel? You may get no chance to do so. A drop box simply comes out informing you a failure to initialize its uninstall.
We suggest manual approach to get rid of topic torch since it is not all about browser issue. Something needs to be changed deep down in the system.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Stop Topic Torch ManuallyStep 1: click "Start", go to "Control Panel" to uninstall topic torch toolbar.
Step 2: use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager and end topic torch toolbar.
Step 3: open "Google Chrome" (take Chrome as expample), and uninstall topic torch toolbar in Extensions.
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
2. Click Tools.
3. Select Extensions.
4. Click the trash can icon by the extension you'd like to completely remove.
5. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
Step 4: search for and delete all files related to topic torch toolbar after showing hidden files:
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files generated by topic torch toolbar:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DontShowMeThisDialogAgain
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell =[random].exe
Step6. remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step7. disable cookies
there can be some cookies that would keep recording your information, so we need to disable some of them to keep safe:
- Go to Tools in the menu bar
- Click on Internet Options
- Click on the General tab which should be under "Browsing History" and click "Delete"
- Go to Tools in the menu bar
- Click on Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Click on "Clear Now"
- Select "Cookies"
- Click on "Clear Private Data Now"
- Click on the spanner icon in the top right of the browser
- Click on "Options"
- Click on "Under the Bonnet" (UK) / "Under the Hood" (US)
- Click on the "Content settings" button in the Privacy section
- Click on the "Clear browsing data" button
- Go to the Safari menu (icon in top right of browser) and select Preferences
- In the popup window that appears, select the Security icon (a padlock)
- Under "Accept Cookies", select the "Never" button
Antidote B: Remove Stop Topic Torch automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Stop Topic Torch
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove Stop Topic Torch right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.