Brief Review on Quick-quote-insurance.com/www.goong.info
Hard-core Goong.info Refusing to be Removed
The browser malware comes as an extension or add-ons for your browser. Quick-quote-insurance.com/www.goong.info can get into your system by drive-by download of a freeware/shareware. However, goong.info search engine virus is not an easy come easy go thingy, it hovers around to be ready for more evil commitments:
- Slows down overall computer performance including typing speed, starting speed, launching speed, page loading speed;
- Disables installed secure service to some extent: you will notice that installed anti-virus programs or anti-malware tools cannot help remove something risky and the system firewall will not stay activated to stop junks from loading into the compromised system;
- Unexpected and unwanted toolbars/pop ups will come into your sight, sometimes they will simply ruin browsing experience and block sites offering computer resolve assistance;
- Triggers error messages when you trying to do some changes in an attempt to make things right;
- Opens up a backdoor (quick-quote-insurance.com/www.goong.info is the backdoor but not known by PC users) that would be exploited by tracking cookies and other junks like corrupt files that would delete or disable systematic ones.
Many PC users would not consider the computer hacked by quick-quote-insurance.com/www.goong.info is infected because all scans results are coming out clean. That’s the very trick that helps the fake Google search engine not to be removed/exterminated easily and completely. Some of its components appear to be legit ones referencing system service and might be hidden would make the remove work harder and longer.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Quick-quote-insurance.com Manually
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of goong.info.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by goong.info:
3. Delete all registry values related to Quick-quote-insurance.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DontShowMeThisDialogAgain
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell =[random].exe
4. Remove add-ons (assuming you have Google Chrome) :
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
Attention: If you want to be the one who wants the removal to be a easy and automatic job, as we all say where there is a will, there is a way, Spyhunter can be your first choice. Download and install the most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter to kick the ass of Quick-quote-insurance.com .
Antidote B: Remove Quick-quote-insurance.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Quick-quote-insurance.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.