so now my mozilla homepage is
I tried everything even deleting that folder from firefox & resetting the browser.startup.homepage but the problem still continuous’ – report by one of victims.
What we learned from above:
- Add-ons/adware are able to make you suffer from browser hijack/browser redirect problem;
- Browser malware like plug-ins/add-ons/extensions/search engine virus usually would piggyback on some applications like freeware/shareware to spread themselves, so be carefull when you are downloading something and remember to untick any items that you don’t want when you are installing something into your system.
Common Search Redirect Infection Symptoms:
- Block exe files from running, so you will get error message if you are attacked by start.search.us.com;
- Blocks internet connection especially traffic to somewhere offering security tools that may help you resolve start.searchus;
- Start.searchus connects to the internet without permission, it will opens itself automatically in a new tab and replaces your default homepage;
- Numerous pop ups are coming into sight and sometimes search will be blocked because of them;
- Start.searchus.com slows down general computer performance;
- System may crash and shuts down itself.
Solution to Be Free from Start.search.us.com
Removing the software that brought in start.search.us.com hijacker is not the solution to this problem. They are separate entity once installed on the target computer. In fact, there is no indication on Windows’ add/remove program to uninstall start.search.us.com. You are always asked to ‘searchus’ even after you have seemed to cleaned up cookies, extensions and the like and you have reset everything back to normal. Some would ask if there is a best anti-virus program to get rid of it? It is crystal clear that start.search.us.com refuses to be uninstalled by anti-virus program and it infiltrated successfully when you were protected by security utility, how come it is able to nuke it down? Some would even doubt if start.search.us.com is a virus because all scans results are coming out clean. If it is not a virus then why it would cause so much a mess on your system and persist for a long time and it increase in frequency?
Start.search.us.com is making the computer an infected one! By sticking around, a backdoor is coming into shape to collect your information and pass it to its spammer for easy money. For the sake of money, the start search us virus will not be easily killed. Thus we need to take it off manually. Follow the step to help yourself. If you would like some personalized assistances for situation can be different, you are welcome to start a live chat for tech support 24/7 online here.
Steps to Show How to Fix Start.search.us.com Redirect
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of start.search.us.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by start.search.us.com:
- HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settingsrandom
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell"
4. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
To live chat with tech experts, you have to get legit ones. Tee Support (Home page: www.teesupport.com) is a legit online PC repair company with No Fix No Pay Virus Removal Guarantee! If you have any PC problem, just click to chat with 24/7 online computer experts.