Property of Blekko.com
Blekko.com URL redirector is a browser hijacker that would replace your default homepage/ start up page. It is found to be always invited by lavasoft popup adware. Blekko.com is capable of tempering with default homepage, changing browser and DNS settings and hindering PC users from changing back. Plus, blekko.com is able to follow you by attaching its domain to search results and running errands for default search engine.
What We Learn from Blekko.com Infection?
Do not take adware problem slightly because an adware is able to transfer a browser redirect virus; the same goes for browser malware which will alleviate installations of various virus like Trojan, police lock down virus, toolbar virus,fake anti-spyware programs and so on. Such virus that manages to open up a backdoor like blekko.com is worth attention:
- Backdoor can be exploited by any virus that smells it;
- Backdoor can help load down junks like tracking cookies, random processes, files including .dll one and folders;
- Backdoor can be taken advantage by remote third party who will be able to take over your privilege over the computer.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Blekko.com Manually1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of blekko.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by blekko.com:
3. Delete all registry values related to blekko.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
Don't forget to cleanse your browser
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Blekko.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Blekko.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove Blekko.com right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.