Potential Harms from Facesmooch.com
Facesmooch.com offers its fake search engine that would allow its spammer to trace down your privacy and get easy money by reselling your information to other spammers who create smart viruses. Which is the exact reason why you need to get rid of facesmooch homepage virus and its toolbar (if you have it) as soon as possible. Face smooch URL redirector will alleviate installations of additional risky items like redirect virus, adware, Trojan, fake anti-spyware programs, etc.. If you look closer, you will find out that search results are based on facesmooch.com and usually there are strange and random letters at the end of a URL. What is that indicating? It is telling you that you are followed by facesmooch search engine virus. There are other harms to your machine as well that you should pay attention to:
- Computer running speed is generally slow;
- More pop up ads showing products are coming out;
- Some files/ folders/ processes are refusing to be deleted by triggering error messages.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Facesmooch.com Manually1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of facesmooch.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by facesmooch.com:
3. Delete all registry values related to facesmooch.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
Don't forget to cleanse your browser
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Solution B: Remove Facesmooch.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Facesmooch.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.