What Dnsbasic.com Is?
Dnsbasic.com looks just like a search expert that would offer the most related search results to you. Yet, if you pay close attention to virus blog articles, you will easily know that dnsbasic is a browser virus that will on the contrary take you to unrelated web sites and somehow replace the original homepage to stick on your browser because dnsbasic.com shares the same design with some previous redirect virus that has plagued PC users so long. However, some user would not realize that dnsbasic.com is a risky item because it hasn’t aroused problem yet, but then you'll find yourself simply get bombarded with excessive ads on products and services, besides, you will be clueless as to why computer is running slow and where does error messages come out of and the like.
No Hesitation to Get Rid of Dnsbasic Search Engine
We need to remove dnsbasic.com because it is a malicious webpage that manages to falsify DNS and browser settings. Once in, dnsbasic’s vicious registry entries and corrupt components would help form a loophole in the system. And the loophole will be the beginning for other virus to infiltrate the compromised machine. More to the point, dnsbasic.com is able to do something really bad:
- it will take you to other sites that personalize legal sites with copied interfaces, in a bid to trick you into downloading virus willingly;
- it helps load down tracking cookies for information collection;
- it will alleviate the unsolicited access from unknown third party to take away your privilege over your precious machine.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Dnsbasic.com Manually1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of dnsbasic.com .
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by dnsbasic.com:
- %System%\drivers\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].sys
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\[random name].dll
3. Delete all registry values related to dnsbasic.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
Don't forget to cleanse your browser
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Solution B: Remove Dnsbasic.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Dnsbasic.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.