Harms from My.allgameshome.com Redirect
Judged from its name, we know that my.allgameshome.com virus mainly attacks those who are obsessed with games, because it is my.allgameshome.com claims to be home to all games. Do not believe it is a helpful search engine even when it is not causing obvious troubles for you. You are suggested to finish the rest of the post to get to know what such browser malware/hijacker will do to you and your computer. We bet you will gather action in a heartbeat to get rid of my.allgameshome.com, do not mean to frighten you.
My.allgameshome.com redirect is causing crippling performance
- Homepage is replaced with my.allgameshome.com and will not be changed back even though you have re-configured the browser and DNS settings.
- Frequently get redirected to my.allgameshome.com and other affiliate pages.
- More add-ons are coming into sight to cause computer running poorer, you will see allgameshome’s toolbar to take over the search work from default one.
- Random ad or fake ads promoting fake anti-spyware programs start popping up.
- Certain sites are blocked, especially those offering security tools.
- If you use another clean computer to do searching, you will notice that interface of some legit sites are quite different; that’s because what my.allgameshome.com gives you are poisoned sites personalizing legit ones in an attempt to collect your information and trick you into downloading virus willingly.
Potential harms by my.allgameshome search engine virus
With my.allgameshome haunting around, more infections are able to get into the compromised machine because of the backdoor opened by the browser malware. The backdoor can be exploited by tracking cookies, and of course can be taken advantage by some intrusive virus like police lock out virus, Trojan, adware, toolbar virus and fake anti-virus programs. Such loophole can also be used by remote hacker to take control of your computer if you leave my.allgameshome.com behind and take it slightly.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove My.allgameshome.com Manually1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of my.allgameshome.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by my.allgameshome.com:
3. Delete all registry values related to my.allgameshome.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
Don't forget to cleanse your browser
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove My.allgameshome.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block My.allgameshome.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove My.allgameshome.com right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.