Crippling Performance by My Websearch Redirect
- Default homepage is changed to home.mywebsearch.com and cannot be changed back to the favorite one no matter what PC users have tried;
- Whenever a search is made, a new tab is opening itself automatically and voila, there comes mywebsearch.com;
- Its related toolbar is apparently installing onto the browser/system and take over searching work from default search toolbar;
- Attempt to download a new anti-virus program, but the infected computer will not allow;
- Page loading speed is super slow and if PC user nearly 10 tabs, browser would simply crash down; with that, computer performance is poor and it takes longer than before to launch a program.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove MYWEBSEARCH.COM Manually1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of mywebsearch.com.
2. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by mywebsearch.com:
- %AppData% \result.db
- HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run |Regedit32
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Inter net Settings\[random]
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) .'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove MYWEBSEARCH.COM automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block MYWEBSEARCH.COM
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove MYWEBSEARCH.COM right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.