Searchpig.net Roughs off the Top of Your Head!
- Overall computer performance is sliced down day by day;
- Page loading speed is slow and sometimes browser crushes;
- Some pop up ads will come into your sight and some unexpected toolbar may install onto the system;
- Heavy CPU usage is higher than it should be and never rests;
- Installed security utilities may detect more virus like Trojan, adware, Rookit after getting searchpig.net.
2 Amazing Suggestions for Removing Searchpig.net
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
Suggestion A: Remove Searchpig.net Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of searchpig.net.
2. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by searchpig.net:
- %AppData% \result.db
- HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run |Regedit32
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DontShowMeThisDialogAgain
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Inter net Settings\[random]
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) .'
- Click OK
Attention: You might be looking for something simple and more efficient to terminate Searchpig.net. Just clam down and hold your breath. Spyhunter can be your every first choice. Download and Install Spyhunter to protect your PC right away!
Suggestion B: Remove Searchpig.net automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Searchpig.net
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
friendly tip:Manual Removal needs more expertise than you expect. Is there something that can remove Searchpig.net and protect your computer from other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware at the same time? Yes!Spyhunter is exactly what you are looking for.
Download and install Spyhunter to be your chief safeguard.