How to Tell Computer Has Hotstartsearch Virus?
- Anytime when performing a search, no matter it is by Google/Bing or Yahoo, another tab opens for hotstartsearch.com;
- URL of search results is based on hotstartsearch domain with some strange numbers and letters;
- Commercial pop ups are getting more, especially those promoting fake anti-spyware programs;
- Overall computer speed is getting slower day by day, including page loading speed;
- Unexpected toolbar/toolbar shortcut comes into your sight.
Do I Have to Worry about Hotstartsearch Redirect?
YES! Hotstartsearch.com is more than a browser malware, it hijacks search results, replace your default homepage, run errands for default search tools; hotstartsearch search engine virus also infiltrate into kernel part of the system, injecting vicious registry keys, corrupt files to commit extra evil conducts:
- Hotstartsearch triggers error messages when you try to delete something telling you that the chosen item is not found or you don’t have the administrator right to proceed;
- Hotstartsearch search engine virus would trace you wherever you go and hence help its spammer to get easy money by reselling information of PC users’ to other spammers.
2 Amazing Suggestions for Removing Fix Hotstartsearch
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
Suggestion A: Remove Fix Hotstartsearch Manually
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of hotstartsearch.com.
2. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by hotstartsearch:
3. Delete all registry values related to hotstartsearch.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[random].exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
And don't forget to cleanse your browser
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Attention: You might be looking for something simple and more efficient to terminate Fix Hotstartsearch. Just clam down and hold your breath. Spyhunter can be your every first choice. Download and Install Spyhunter to protect your PC right away!
Suggestion B: Remove Fix Hotstartsearch automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Fix Hotstartsearch
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
friendly tip:Manual Removal needs more expertise than you expect. Is there something that can remove Fix Hotstartsearch and protect your computer from other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware at the same time? Yes!Spyhunter is exactly what you are looking for.
Download and install Spyhunter to be your chief safeguard.