Bugged by Linkbucks.com in Browser
‘Its driving me INSANE ! everytime i open a youtube video i get redirectied to linkbuks .com ! i googled it and found out it was a virus?’ – Report from one of its victim.
Yes, it is a virus that displays as below:
But the weird thing is what described as below:
‘I think I have a virus or spyware on my computer. It redirects me to a third-party site (something like LinkBucks) when I try to visit Facebook, Google or YouTube. This happens in both Safari and in Mozilla Firefox. I have tried scanning with ClamX, MacScan, but they are not finding any viruses. I also downloaded a kit that scans the computer for DNS redirect changer viruses, but it can't find any.’
It is obvious that linkbucks can somehow slip past various security programs and commit infamous conduct to track your whereabouts and scrape privacy.The scene that all installed browser get infected with linkbucks may be the result of Rookit installation through the backdoor, or of enhancement the maker behind it programs it to carry Rookit. Be aware that linkbucks can do what it seems not to be able to do with that small size:
- Corrupts browser with additional redirect virus and endless pop ups;
- Downloads random junks including files and folders, plug-ins into the system, leading to a highly consumed CPU usage;
- Causes freezes and significantly slices down overall PC performance;
- Alleviates installation of fake anti-virus programs like Windows smart professional to further scrape your money and damage the system;
- Opens up a backdoor to make unsolicited access from a remote hacker possible, placing yourself in a risky situation where your privilege will be taken over.
FAQ: How Did I Get Linkbucks.com All?
As you can see now, you are more probably get infected by linkbucks when you are surfing Facebook, Youtube and other famous sites as usual. But why sudden you get the browser malware keeps re-routing you to linkbucks.com? One of the reasons is that the maker behind linkbucks.com commands it to attack those famous sites to get more people suffered so as to scrape more privacy for more income by reselling to spammers. The other reason is that vulnerability/ loophole is existing in web apps/ system. In such circumstance, if you:
- Download freeware, programs that hasn’t been validated or other famous gadgets that are under virus attack;
- Click on links that are sent via instant message from strangers or people who has been affected by linkbucks.com;
- Visit malicious web sites containing prohibited content or other famous sites that are under linkbucks’ attack;
- Open email attachments that are luring from promoters.
2 Amazing Suggestions for Removing Linkbucks.com
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Suggestion A: Remove Linkbucks.com Manually
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of linkbucks.com:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by linkbucks:
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all linkbucks running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to linkbucks in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
Attention: Too busy to follow the manual removal solutions? Would you like Linkbucks.com to be gone automatically and permanently? Why not just Download and Install Spyhunter to make it come true?
Suggestion B: Remove Linkbucks.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to Download and Install Spyhunter to deal with your computer issue.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Linkbucks.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Friendly Reminder:Spyhunter will always be your first and wise choice to protect your computer. It literally can remove Linkbucks.com and prevent the future infection.Download and Install Free Spyhunter without any hesitation!
>> Check out your computer with the free antivirus program
>> Scan your computer with the amazing security tool