Detection of Delta Search
It is like that delta search virus is plaguing many PC users till recently. Here’s what one of the recent victim of the fake search engine:
‘It seems like my PC has been infected with the Delta Search search engine. It opens up automatically on starting Chrome and IE and there have been way too many pop ups in the last 2 days.’
The interface is displayed as below:
Delta search engine virus is fraudulent, tricking people into downloading or believing by working with another fake ad displayed right under the search bar, just like the interface pasted above.
Dangers to Have Delta Search
It is not hard to tell that delta search seems to be a virus-friendly type of browser malware. It got pop ups moved along and other malware such as Strong vault, ad.yieldmanager.com, visual bee and who knows what else. Actually, delta virus has another variant that has been found, that is Yhs.delta search.
All those evidence are saying the fact that Delta-search virus is capable of opening up a backdoor trough which a large number of virus including ukash lock down virus, Trojan, Rookit, etc.come in. Here’s another report explaining what other issues one has when get infected with delta search redirect:
‘I am using a Sony Viao with a Windows 7 64 bit operating system. Each time I try to access the Google shortcut on my desktop or via the menu the address bar automatically redirects to Delta-Search.com. Even though I have went into my programs and deleted it and went to my internet settings and confirmed that google is my home page it still redirects to Delta-Search.com. Please assist me with removing this and helping my computer to run faster.’
A backdoor is widely open, of course it will be the best choice to be virus and junks entrance. With more and more dispensable gadgets coming in, computer performance is significantly sliced down. What’s worse, the backdoor can be taken advantage by human, meaning, a hacker. If you keep browser malware such as Delta search much longer, the leech like hacker will not satisfied with the amount of money earned by promoting spam ad and the information stolen by tracking cookies loaded down through the backdoor, he/she will take over the privilege over the compromised machine to extract more. Therefore, anyone who gets infected by delta search virus should get it together to shake it off your infected browser.
How to Remove Delta Search Easily?
Plan A: Remove Delta Search Manually1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Delta-search.com:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by Delta Search:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all Delta Search running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to Delta-Search.com in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
Plan B: Remove Delta Search automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download Free SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Delta Search
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Are you thinking about making the Delta Search removal 1 stone 2 birds happen? There is actually one antivirus program can help you. Download and install Spyhunter to remove Delta Search and protect your computer in the futher!