Pick up 22find.com on Searches
‘Whenever I open my web browser (Mozilla Firefox but it happens also on chrome and IE) instead of my chosen homepage appears the “22Find.com” page.
I tried to remove it from Mozilla Firefox options, from the extensions from the plugins and from the properties but it always comes back.
I unistalled the software that I think secretely downloaded the virus but 22FIND.com is always there...
I also used cccleaner...
What should I do?
Also why Kaspersky internet security didn't stop it or doesn't erase it?’ – from one of its victim.
Judged from the report, we learn that:
- 22FIND.com manages to contract every installed browser on the system, though you seldom use one of them;
- 22find hijacker is so pushy that refuses to be deleted by simply removing plug-ins, extensions, uninstalling suspected program that might has brought 22find in and removing with security utility;
- 22find.com can be installed by downloading random programs with or without being validated.
Tech Analysis on 22find Redirect
Actually, 22find doesn’t contract all browsers installed. The scene that all browsers are infected are due to a quite long period of time that the PC owner hadn’t resorted to a solution with efficacy which allows an invisible backdoor to come into shape, making Rookit installation possible to help 22find.com infect other browsers afterwards.
22find.com can somehow slip past installed PC protector and make its infiltration done.Spyhunter have found that a browser malware cannot land on the system until it finds vulnerability on some web apps or a loophole in security system. When in, 22find’s vicious registry values start to falsify original ones both of browser and system, leading to a mal-functional machine:
- Strange pop ups appear when surfing online without stop;
- You are prevented from going on surfing if you keep it longer;
- More and more junks pile up in the system which accounts for a large space of the system;
- Unintelligible shutdown/restart happens from time to time.
How to Remove 22find.com Easily?
Plan A: Remove 22find.com Manually1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of 22find.com:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by 22find:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all 22find running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to 22find.com in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
Good for you: Wanna make the removal of 22find.com easier? Dare to try something new? Spyhunter can not only remove 22find.com completely for you but also protect your computer from additional malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware. Download and install Spyunter right away!
Plan B: Remove 22find.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download Free SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block 22find.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Are you thinking about making the 22find.com removal 1 stone 2 birds happen? There is actually one antivirus program can help you. Download and install Spyhunter to remove 22find.com and protect your computer in the futher!