What Is Clickapps1.com
Unlike other redirect viruses that come up suddenly with search bar or something to be promoted, clickapps1.com displays purely a line of sentence. Here’s the description by its victim:
‘I am having problems with my Google Chrome Browser, whenever I try to go to a website, as soon as it loads it goes to a website called clickapps1.com, and starts refreshing repeatedly, and the only thing visible on that site is text saying "Domain name suspended. Contact the administrator.”’
Spyhunter advises do not ever doubt the fact that clickapps1 is a browser malware. It camouflages to be an issue generated by browser or system in a bid to load down tracking cookies in the background and avoid detection. Should there be any chance that one of its victims tries hard to solve the none-existent problem by regaining back administrator with various methods, clickapps1.com redirect is able to make its way to receive vicious commands that will incur further harms to the compromised system. But how?
We can take it this way: clickapps1.com is a backdoor that dresses as a site reporting error; the more quests to it are made, the more commands will be transmitted successfully, and at the same time, more of your information will be sent to a designated remote server.
What Are Damages Imposed by Clickapps1 Redirect?
Settings/configurations determine what to do and what to be done. The malfunction of browser implies that the browser setting has been modified when clickapps1.com appears. Many people realize that and go to rectify it back, yet to no avail. Is it dangerous if the modified configuration is unable to be modified back? Yes. PC users should know that a compromised system leads to hiatus, slicing down security protection and thus making the system become more susceptible to additional viruses in the wild. With more junks installed in the weaken system, you may get dysfunction as listed below:
- Some browser services stop to work and freezes occur frequently;
- Computer runs slower than before;
- Endless commercial pop-ups start to appear and will not go away;
- Unreasonable shut down occurs some times;
- Other redirect issue start to happen and additional toolbars are installed without permission;
- Error message comes up when try to rectify something back.
How and Where Did I Get Clickapps1 Redirect?
If you search delta-search, websearch-pu-results-info, 22find in help forums, you’ll find that there are a couple of common dissemination routines for browser malware, and those apply to Clickapps1.com as well:
- Downloading useful program from sites that promotes ads or legit sites that has been under attacked simply because they share wide popularity;
- Visiting random sites that are not validated yet or sites that are poisoned;
- Accidentally click on spam content in email, ads or links sent by strangers.
How to Remove Clickapps1.com Easily?
Plan A: Remove Clickapps1.com Manually1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of clickapps1.com:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by clickapps1:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all clickapps1 running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to clickapps1.com in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[random].exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
Plan B: Remove Clickapps1.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download Free SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Clickapps1.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Are you thinking about making the Clickapps1.com removal 1 stone 2 birds happen? There is actually one antivirus program can help you. Download and install Spyhunter to remove Clickapps1.com and protect your computer in the futher!