"I've been having this problem of my browsers (IE & Firefox) redirecting to hao123.com everytime I opened them, google chrome seems fine. I've tried googling the many ways of removing it and none seems to work. It's just so frustrating and I'm hoping that someone here could help me out. I've seen others posting with similar problems posting their logs out, but I'm basically not so much of an advanced user of the computer, so I don't know how to do that.. hopefully someone here can guide this noobie on how to get rid of this problem."
You wouldn't have any choice but removing it after reading these:hao123.com is considered as a browser hijacker that completely takes control of your computer and brings numerous chaos.
• It gets on your computer without asking any permission.
• It changes your default browser settings including search engine and homepage.
• It inserts various advertisements on every webpage you go to.
• Your search results can be replaced by the poor ones provided by it.
• It definitely slows down your computer by eating up the system resource.
• It installs backdoors and drop additional malware onto the already compromised computer.
• It may collects your browsing history for the marketers and expose your confidential information like banking details.
You helped a little to get the nasty browser on your PC.Mostly, it gets on your computer by pretending to be a bundled component and gets itself downloaded and installed together with your wanted freeware from the internet. Additionally, it gets on your computer via:
1. your clicking on the malicious links
2. your browsing the websites with bad reputations
3. your opening the infected email attachment
hao123.com is completely a big trouble maker, according to all the victims. As you are experiencing all the mess it brings, hao123.com should be removed right away to prevent the further damage. Download and Install Spyhunter to terminate hao123.com!
Remove Browser Warden without any sympathy.
Solution 1: Remove Browser Warden Manually
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to pull up Window Task Manager and end suspicious processes:
2) Check the following directories and remove all these associated files:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe%UserProfile%\Desktop\ Browser Warden%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Browser Warden
3) Reset your infected browsers (take IE as example). Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Reset, check Delete personal settings. Then click Reset.
4) Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections. For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated. For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated.
For win8: Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Esc >> Click Task Manager >> More details >> Startup tab >> click on the items you would like to disable >> Click Disable
Solution 2: Remove Browser Warden automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Browser Warden
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.