Overview of Surfvox.comSurfvox.com is a browser hijacker that is programmed to replace your default homepage by performing the modification of your browser default settings including search engine and homepage. It is also created to gain traffic for its products and generate revenue of the author. Typically, it gets on your computer as a bundled component of various freeware from the internet, such as video player, music player, Skype, etc. It also can infiltrate your computer via fake update messages that appear when you browse the internet. These messages suggest you and try to convince you to get the latest version of Java, Flash and other sorts of applications. The fact is that you are instead downloading malware.
Once it is installed on your computer, it reconfigures your browser default
settings such as search engine and the homepage. As a result, you have to face that your default homepage is always being redirected to Surfvox.com. Some of your search results are even replaced by the irrelevant ones, which is caused by Surfvox.com.
Potential threats from Surfvox.com1. It slows down your computer speed by eating up the system resource.
2. It collects your browsing history and the confidential information like credit card details for the third party.
3. It makes your computer system vulnerable for the additional malware like trojan, ransomware and rogue antivirus program.
4. It may plant various ads on your computer. You will be bothered by a lot of annoying pop-ups.
Solution 1: Remove Surfvox.com Manually
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to pull up Window Task Manager and end suspicious processes:
2) Check the following directories and remove all these associated files:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe%UserProfile%\Desktop\ Surfvox.com%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Surfvox.com
3) Reset your infected browsers (take IE as example). Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Reset, check Delete personal settings. Then click Reset.
4) Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections. For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated. For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated.
For win8: Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Esc >> Click Task Manager >> More details >> Startup tab >> click on the items you would like to disable >> Click Disable
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Remove Surfvox.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Surfvox.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
(You may also be supposed to optimize your computer with RegCure Pro which can deeply figure out and fix various windows registry errors so as to avoid potential risk, as well as to ensure your computer security.)
Step C. Download PC optimizer RegCure Pro
1) Click here or the icon to download RegCure Pro
2) Follow the instructions to install RegCure Pro
Step D. Run RegCure Pro to optimize your PC