How did cj.dotomi.com happen on my computer?Typically, it happens on your computer together with your wanted freeware like skype from the internet. You may have downloaded and installed some freeware or shareware from the internet without paying any attention. The potential unwanted program cj.dotomi.com can be downloaded and installed in the background automatically without your permission when you do the same with your wanted freeware. Besides, cj.dotomi.com also can be distributed via:
1. your clicking on the malicious links.
2. your browsing the hacked websites planted with exploit code.
3. your opening the infected email attachment.
What is cj.dotomi.com?
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Once it gets on your computer, changes are performed without your knowledge. It pretends to be an extension or an add-on to get itself attached on the target browser to modify browser default settings like search engine and homepage. cj.dotomi.com is used to force your default homepage to its own, increasing its advertising revenue. As a result, your default browser homepage and search engine are replaced by cj.dotomi.com’s.
Threats from cj.dotomi.com1. It can’t be reversed easily.
2. It tracks down your personal data like credit card details and some account log in details.
3. It installs backdoors and make your computer vulnerable for the additional malware like trojan and spyware.
To protect your computer and your confidential information, you need to remove Cj.dotomi.com as soon as you can before any further damage.
2 Removal Solutions
Solution 1: Remove Cj.dotomi.com Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Cj.dotomi.com from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find Cj.dotomi.com list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Cj.dotomi.com then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Cj.dotomi.com registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe
F： Restart your computer to check if the virus is completely removed.
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Remove Cj.dotomi.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Cj.dotomi.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.