Rocket-Find.com – a browser hijackerRocket-Find.com is deemed as a browser hijacker that is designed to lock your default homepage on its own, increasing its advertising revenue. It can infect browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. As a browser hijacker, it is not only able to replace the existing homepage, but also to popup error pages and the irrelevant pages with its own. Once it gets on your computer, it pretends to be an extension or an add-on to get itself attached on the target browser so that it can change the browser default settings like search engine and the existing homepage and bypass the detection of your antivirus program and yours.
Dangers from Rocket-Find.com• It is difficult to reverse Rocket-Find.com back to your default homepage.
• It collects your browsing history and the confidential information like credit card details.
• It installs backdoors and makes your compute vulnerable for the additional malware like trojan and spyware.
• It causes browser crash down randomly, interrupting your online activities.
As you can see, Rocket-Find.com should be removed at once to protect your computer and your precious data.
Manual Removal Solution
Solution 1: Remove Rocket-Find.com Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Rocket-Find.com from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find Rocket-Find.com list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Rocket-Find.com then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Rocket-Find.com registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe
F： Restart your computer to check if the Browser Hijacker is completely removed.
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Remove Rocket-Find.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Rocket-Find.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.