Overview of safe.v9.comSafe.v9.com is deemed as a browser hijacker that is programmed to lock your default homepage on its own. The popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer can be its targets. Once it gets on your computer, it reconfigures your browser default settings like search engine and homepage. Thus, it ensures its automatic startup and bypasses the detection of your antivirus program at the same time. As a result, you have to experience these situations:
1. Safe.v9.com replaces your default homepage and pops up irrelevant
websites to replace your desired search results.
2. Safe.v9.com may insert various ads on every webpage you go to and these ads seem unstoppable.
3. Safe.v9.com degrades your computer by starting its amount of background activities. Your computer will become slower and slower. Sometimes, it may be even unresponsive.
4. Safe.v9.com compromises your computer and makes your computer vulnerable for the additional viruses like trojan, spyware and ransomware.
5. Safe.v9.com may expose your browsing history and your confidential information like credit card details and some account log in details.
How is Safe.v9.com distributed?Typically, it is distributed by some freeware downloading from the internet. You may have downloaded and installed some freeware from the internet without paying any attention on it. Safe.v9.com can be downloaded and installed as a bundled component of your wanted freeware or shareware from the internet. For example, the software safeprotect is usually bundled with the installation of Safe.v9.com. Here’s the tip: download from the official sites and choose Customize Installation to cancel the bundled components.
Manual Removal Support
Solution 1: Remove Safe.v9.com Manually
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to pull up Window Task Manager and end suspicious processes:
2) Check the following directories and remove all these associated files:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe%UserProfile%\Desktop\ Safe.v9.com%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Safe.v9.com
3) Reset your infected browsers (take IE as example). Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Reset, check Delete personal settings. Then click Reset.
4) Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections. For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated. For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated.
For win8: Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Esc >> Click Task Manager >> More details >> Startup tab >> click on the items you would like to disable >> Click Disable
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Remove Safe.v9.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Safe.v9.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.