Scenes of search.gboxapp.comIf you are encountering the computer issues below, your computer must have been hacked by search.gboxapp.com.
1. The computer is becoming slower and slower. It takes a much longer time to execute any program or respond than before. (Because search.gboxapp.com is starting its amounts of background activities.)
2. Your default homepage is always being replaced by search.gboxapp.com. You can’t even get the desired search results which are replaced by some redirects. The new tab is opened with search.gboxapp.com, too.
3. Spam and annoying ads are popping up on your every webpage, interrupting your online activities.
Overview of search.gboxapp.comSearch.gboxapp.com is a browser hijacker that is programmed to lock your default homepage on its own in order to gain traffic for its products. It targets at browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Typically, it gets on your computer as a bundled component of your desired freeware from the internet. You wouldn’t know that you are downloading and installing search.gboxapp.com in the background as you are doing the same with your wanted freeware. Once it is installed, the modification of your browser default settings like search engine and homepage is performed without your permission. As a result, you have to experience these situations:
1. Search.gboxapp.com makes your computer vulnerable and creates system loopholes for the additional viruses like trojan, spyware and ransomware.
2. Search.gboxapp.com may steal your private information like credit card details and some personal account log in details.
3. Search.gboxapp.com collects your browsing history for the marketers and uses the information to deliver more and more related spam ads.
4. Search.gboxapp.com makes your browser freeze or crash down randomly.
As you can see, Search.gboxapp.com is such an annoying pest for your computer. It should be removed out of your computer as soon as you can before any further damage.
Manual Removal Support
Solution 1: Remove Search.gboxapp.com Manually
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to pull up Window Task Manager and end suspicious processes:
2) Check the following directories and remove all these associated files:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe%UserProfile%\Desktop\ Search.gboxapp.com%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Search.gboxapp.com
3) Reset your infected browsers (take IE as example). Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Reset, check Delete personal settings. Then click Reset.
4) Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections. For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated. For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated.
For win8: Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Esc >> Click Task Manager >> More details >> Startup tab >> click on the items you would like to disable >> Click Disable
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Remove Search.gboxapp.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Search.gboxapp.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.