What is v9.com?v9.com is considered as a browser hijacker that is created to lock your default homepage on its own. It targets at all the popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Like most of the browser hijacker, v9.com alters default homepage and search engine to those of their customers, who pay for that service because of the traffic it generates.
How do I know my browser is hijacked by v9.com?1. Your default homepage and the new tab are always redirected to v9.com. This is the complaining from a victim: Now whenever i open chrome the homepage is "http://www.v9.com/us/newtab" and even the new tab is the same even though i have set the default to nothing for opening and new tab.
2. Your computer is getting slower and slower. It takes a much longer time to execute applications on your computer. What’s worse, your computer may become unresponsive, which is due to that v9.com starts its amounts of activities in the background.
3. Your will be bombarded by various and unstoppable nasty ads, and irrelevant redirects may replace your desired search results.
4. Your computer is becoming more and more vulnerable for the additional viruses. Viruses like trojan, spyware and rogue antivirus program can penetrate your computer easily.
5. Your sensitive information like account details, user name, password can be stolen.
As you can see, v9.com should be removed out of your computer as soon as you can before the damage caused by v9.com worsens and accelerates.
2 Removal Solutions
Solution 1: Remove V9.com Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete V9.com from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find V9.com list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search V9.com then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all V9.com registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe
F: Restart your computer to check if the Browser Hijacker is completely removed.
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Remove V9.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block V9.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.