Overview of Trovi.comTrovi.com is considered as the modification of the default browser settings including search engine and homepage. It is created to lock your default homepage on its own and generate traffic for its sponsored products. Browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer can be its targets.
Typically, Trovi.com gets on your computer as a part of your wanted freeware or shareware from the internet. You must have downloaded and installed some freeware from the internet without paying any attention. You wouldn’t know that Trovi.com was downloaded and installed in the background as you were doing the same with your wanted freeware.
Once it is installed on your computer, your default homepage is redirected to Trovi.com all the time, as well as the search results. Besides, Trovi.com will load various annoying ads on your browser.
Threats from Trovi.com1. Trovi.com will make your computer vulnerable and creates system loopholes for the other sorts of viruses like trojan, spyware and ransomware.
2. Trovi.com will gather your browsing history for the marketers and uses the information to deliver more and more related ads.
3. Trovi.com may expose your confidential information like credit card details and some account log in details.
4. Trovi.com slows down your computer by starting its amounts of background activities.
2 Removal Solutions
Solution 1: Remove Trovi.com Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Trovi.com from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find Trovi.com list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Trovi.com then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Trovi.com registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe
F: Restart your computer to check if the Browser Hijacker is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove Trovi.com automatically (with SpyHunter)Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Trovi.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.