Scenes of PC Tech Hotline from the victims:
Victim2: Hi. I have PC Tech Hotline and PC Speed Fix on my computer. I have already ran AdwClean several times, disabled the programs on startup, and disabled the services. This has stopped some of the irritation. I have not done anything at this point to disable anything the software may have done to my browsers.
The programs do not show up in the add-remove utility. Revo doesn't find them, and in hunter mode it says that it can't do anything because there is no installation package associated with them.
Note that most the files in "" date from feb 12, 2014, and some are from Mar. 19m 2014. I didn't notice the software's effects until last night or so.
I have run FRST to scan my computer a few times (couldn't figure out what was going on the first couple of times), and have both a FRST.txt file and an Addition.txt file.
• Slow down your computer: it will drag down your computer speed by staring its amount of background activities.
• Monitor your computer: it may monitor your computer and collect your confidential information like credit card details.
• Install backdoors: it may install backdoors and makes your computer system vulnerable for the additional malware like trojan, adware and browser hijacker.
As you can see, PC Tech Hotline is nothing good but brings a lot of chaos to your computer. You are suggested to remove it as soon as you can before any further damage caused.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove Onlinewebfind.com Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete PC Tech Hotline from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find PC Tech Hotline list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search PC Tech Hotline then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all PC Tech Hotline registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
E: Remove all PC Tech Hotline associated files
F： Restart your computer to check if the PC Tech Hotline is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove PC Tech Hotline automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block PC Tech Hotline
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.