Harms of default-search.netIt shows up on your computer without any of your knowledge and warning.
2) It lurks into computers as an extension to modify browser default settings like search engine and homepage.
3) default-search.net hijacks your browser homepage. Your homepage is redirected to default-search.net every time you open your homepage as well as every other webpage.
4) The longer time it stays on your computer, the more spam ads you will get.
5) Additional malware like spyware, Trojan and rogue antivirus program will be dropped onto your computer since it has already been compromised.
6) It collects your browsing history to pop up related ads in order to attract your clicking. The ads may be planted with malicious codes by hackers. Therefore, you are advised to keep your distance away from the ads.
7) Your computer may be monitored by remote hackers.
8) Your sensitive information like credit card details and account log in details may be exposed.
What is default-search.net? And how it gets on my computer?default-search.net is a browser hijacker that targets at browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Exlporer. Once it is installed, default-search.net automatically pops up to take the place of your homepage.
Typically, it comes together with your wanted free software
as a bundled program. Computer users take it for granted that their antivirus program will take care of everything on their computer. Otherwise, it won’t and can’t. Some malware can pretend to be a useful program for the computer to bypass the detection of your antivirus program. Therefore, you have to be very prudent when you download and install some free software. Please check the bundled components and programs and uncheck the unwanted ones or suspect ones.
Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove Default-search.net Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and deletedefault-search.net from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find default-search.net list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search default-search.net then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all default-search.net registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
E: Remove all default-search.net associated files
F： Restart your computer to check if the default-search.net is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove Default-search.net automatically (with SpyHunter)Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Default-search.net
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
(You may also be supposed to optimize your computer with RegCure Pro which can deeply figure out and fix various windows registry errors so as to avoid potential risk, as well as to ensure your computer security.)
Step C. Download PC optimizer RegCure Pro
1) Click here or the icon to download RegCure Pro
2) Follow the instructions to install RegCure Pro
Step D. Run RegCure Pro to optimize your PC