What is r.searchfun.ini?r.searchfun.ini is considered as an adware that can be inserted onto browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. It disguises itself as an add-on or an extension to attach itself onto the target browser. Once it is installed, it reconfigures browser default settings like search engine. To ensure its auto-start up, it places its registry entries into the kernel part of the system and disables some service on the machine in order to protect itself from being removed.
How r.searchfun.ini sneaks into your computer?1) Via your spam email attachments which can be planted with r.searchfun.ini.
2) Via your free software-downloading. r.searchfun.ini masquerades itself as a bundled component with the wanted free software. Please check the bundled components or programs when downloading in case malicious programs attack your computer secretely.
3) Via your software upgrading such as video player or browser.
Dangers by r.searchfun.ini:1) It lurks into your computer without any permission and warning.
2) It pops up every time you open the hacked browser.
3) It may communicate with remote cyber criminals.
4) It may drop other sorts of malware like Trojan and browser hijacker on your compromised computer.
5) It may expose your confidential information like banking details and some site log in details.
As you can see, it is best to remove r.searchfun.ini from your computer right now for the security of your computer. r.searchfun.ini can be removed easily. Please follow the manual removal solution below.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove R.searchfun.ini Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete r.searchfun.ini from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find r.searchfun.ini list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search r.searchfun.inio then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all r.searchfun.ini registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
E: Remove all r.searchfun.ini associated files
F： Restart your computer to check if the r.searchfun.ini is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove R.searchfun.ini automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block R.searchfun.ini
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.