A screen shot of Aartemis.com
Complaints from the victims:1) Every time I open my homepage, I am redirected to Aartemis.com. I tried many ways to get rid of it, but at the end, it comes back again.
2) When I search on the net, banners and ads are everywhere. I don’t ask for them. I want them to disappear from my computer.
3) My computer is acting odd. It performs as slowly as a snail and seems my computer has been controlled by someone else. Besides, it suddenly comes to system crash since my computer gets this nasty malware Aartemis.com.
4) I have no idea how did it run into my computer. And my computer suddenly has a few strange folders which I assume are malicious. Moreover, strange toolbars and unwanted websites are added to my browser. It seems that my homepage default settings have been modified without any of my permission.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove Aartemis.com Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Aartemis.com from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find XY list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Aartemis.com then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Aartemis.com registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
E: Remove all Aartemis.com associated files
F： Restart your computer to check if the virus in completely removed.
Note: You need to be really prudent during the removal process since any inappropriate deleting can cause system crash. Besides, you still have a better option: Spyhunter. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can make the Aartemis.com removal a easily job. All you need to do is to watch it remove Aartemis.com automatically for you.
Solution 2: Remove Aartemis.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Aartemis.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.