“I just would like to warn people about the latest virus BetterSurf. It seems to have infected some servers and manages to embed a code into software updates. I downloaded an official Firefox update last night and this morning when I opened the computer, the browser is flooded with BetterSurf ads, banners, and inline ads.”
Same as the above complaining, Tee Support Agents are told that they are suffering a disaster from BetterSurf:
1) It steals confidential information from all local Internet browsers in the background.
2) A strange folder is created in your appdata/local called SwvUpdater by BetterSurf, which is capable of downloading and executing further malicious files.
3) The infected computer has been largely degraded since BetterSurf consumes most of system resource.
4) Bunches of malicious files can become a spyware to monitor your computer, keeping a record of your browsing history.
5) Unwanted ad icons are added to browser toolbar.
6) Search being redirected issue is about to occur.
7) Flooded ads are popping up on the screen.
1) Via free software. It is risky to install some shared software or free software, which may contain adware program, spyware or bad software.
How it gets onto your machine?
2) Via malicious websites. BetterSurf can be installed via malicious websites. Therefore, say no to malicious websites.
3) Via system vulnerabilities. Try to use a browser which has good security.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove BetterSurf Manually
Before you end its relevant malicious processes shown as below, please make certain you have saved and close all the running files or any other applications first.
2. Delete virus files
The related files can be looked for through the Internet; you just then search for these files on your pc and delete them manually.
3. Remove malicious registry entries
BetterSurf adds corrupt entries in the compromised computer's registry so it can hide deeply without you knowing. Again search for and delete the related registry
Note: You need to be really prudent during the removal process since any inappropriate deleting can cause system crash. Besides, you still have a better option: Spyhunter. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can make the BetterSurf removal a easily job. All you need to do is to watch it remove BetterSurf automatically for you.
Solution 2: Remove BetterSurf automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block BetterSurf
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.