“I now have the "Do Search" page open everytime I start any of my programs (IE, Mozilla and Chrome) I have made all the changes, but it keeps coming back... I can't find where it is hiding. HELP?”
A screen shot of DoSearch.com
You must be awfully curious about where DoSearch.com is from:
1) DoSearch.com is from malicious websites. You may have browsed some malicious websites which are planted with DoSearch.com.
2) DoSearch.com is from spam email attachments. You may have opened some strange email attachment bundled with the installer of DoSearch.com.
3) Peer- to-peer files sharing also can be the source of DoSearch.com.
4) You may have downloaded or installed some free software. And then you are redirected to DoSearch.com.
Now you are clear where DoSearch.com comes from and you go to control panel to try to locate it but with no luck, you can’t find it anywhere. DoSearch.com is a tricky virus. It can lurk into your computer secretly without your consent and hide itself somewhere in your computer system.
What exactly is DoSearch.com? Will it bring a disaster to my computer?Exactly. DoSearch.com would be a disaster to your computer.
DoSearch.com is a browser hijacker that attacks Google Chrome, Firefox， Internet Explorer，Bing, etc. Once infected, your default browser is hijacked and homepage is redirected to DoSearch.com. You may have tried to shut it down; however, it pops up again and displays an error message. You are driven mad by DoSearch.com and don’t know what to do. Please be calm, you need to know about what DoSearch.com would do to your computer:
1) Refuses to be removed by any antivirus program.
2) Keeps a record of your browsing history.
3) Collects your private information for illegal activities.
4) Drops additional malicious files like Trojan, spyware and adware into your computer since your computer has been infected by DoSearch.com. Virus can take the advantage of system vulnerabilities.
5) Bombards you with unwanted and annoying ads
As you can see, DoSearch.com is such a big threat to you and your computer. You are highly recommended to remove it as soon as you can. You can try to remove the virus following the belowing solution.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove Dosearh.com Manually
For Firefox: Clik the “Firefox” button in the upper left of Firefox browser menu and then hit “Options" ; Select the "Advanced" tab; Click the “network”tab and then the “settings”button on the ''Option window; Checkmark option“No Proxy”; Click “OK” and then “OK” again to disable proxy settings.
For Google Chrome: Open Google Chrome ; Go to the key at the top right, then “Options”->”Advanced”; Click “Change proxy settings” located in “Network”; Click “Connections” tab; Click “LAN Settings”; Checkmark “Do not activate a proxy server”.
For Internet Explorer: Open Internet Explorer; Click Tools; Click on Internet Options; In the Internet Options window click "Connections tab", Then click on the LAN settings button" Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press "OK".
Step 2: Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together and stop DoSearch.com processes in the Windows Task Manager
Manual Solution Help
Step 3: Get rid of the following files created by DoSearch.com:
Step 4: Get rid of the related registry entries of DoSearch.com.
(Click Start button > click "Run" > Input "regedit" into the Run box and click ok)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
Note: You need to be really prudent during the removal process since any inappropriate deleting can cause system crash. Besides, you still have a better option: Spyhunter. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can make the Dosearh.com removal a easily job. All you need to do is to watch it remove Dosearh.com automatically for you.
Solution 2: Remove Dosearh.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Dosearh.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.