Weird Donkey Ads
It is quite strange that you can’t simply get rid of search donkey popup ad with some traditional methods like:
- Cleaning up extensions;
- Emptying out plug-ins/ add-ons;
- Accessing Control Panel;
- Using adware blockers and even anti-virus programs.
Appearing as a normal add-on, donkey ads manage to get into your computer without too much interference. Upon the detection of donkey ads, your computer is compromised to some extent. Vulnerability will be existed on your browser, which will offer deadly virus a chance to get into your precious machine. With its vicious registry entries insertion and the mess caused by its malevolent files that they make systematic ones its affiliate and randomly delete some items related to services on the machine.
Immediate Removal Is Needed for Search Donkey Ads
One thing I would like to have your attention is that donkey ads can post more harms than you think and what it shows you. You are not seeing any actual harm so you think you could live with or without it? SO WRONG! If you throw your connivance over search donkey popup ad, you may encounter the below listed computer issues:
- Your computer will run as a snail;
- Your computer will sometimes be frozen up;
- Page loading speed will be slow as well;
- More and more ads are coming onto your screen, search donkey popup ad aims to incur accident click so that it could help its spammer to get a large sum of commission to help other virus in;
- Search redirect issues are seen;
- More words are underlined to take you to other advertising web pages.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Search Donkey Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of donkey ads.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by donkey ads:
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DontShowMeThisDialogAgain
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell =[random].exe
4. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Search Donkey automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Search Donkey
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.