Is Adtrack.king.com Possibly A Virus?
You don’t know what you’ve done but next time you opened your browser (including Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari), almost all your search pages are redirected by adtrack.king.com to some ad pages. Clicking on back button will take you back onto the original page. So is adtrack.king.com a virus?
1) If adtrack.king.com is not a virus, the listed below method should have helped you get out of its trouble:
- delete history and caches.
- uninstall and reinstall the browser that has adtrack.king.com redirect problem.
- Remove extensions.
- ASUS tablet picks up adtrack.king.com as a malware.
- adtrack.king.com keeps sending PC users to Playstore to download Candy Crush Saga app on almost every web page.
- More and more commercial ads are popping up during browsing session.
- Computer is running slower than before and page loading speed is also slower.
Is Adtrack.king.com Dangerous?
Looks like a little piece of redirect item, adtrack.king.com can arouse big trouble to you as it is a tricky one that lurks in your computer deep and insert its malevolent items to mess around system services, which results in vulnerability on the machine, making it possible to be the virus gather place. The vulnerability would also help tracking cookies to collect your information and your preference on the Internet. By selling the information, spammer behind adtrack.king.com can make a large sum of money immediately, while you suffer from endless popup ad ever since then.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Dtrack.king.com Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of adtrack.king.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by adtrack.king.com:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit”
For Windows Vista and Windows 7
1) Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2) Right click Notepad and select Run as administrator
3) Click Continue on the "Windows needs your permission" UAC window.
4) When Notepad opens Click File -> Open
5) In the filename field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
6) Click Open
1) Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad
2) Click File -> Open
3) In the filename field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
4) Click Open
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Solution B: Remove Dtrack.king.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Dtrack.king.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.