- Mysearchdial changes not only search engine but also hijacks homepage;
- There is a new toolbar attaching to your browser which is obvious to be with mysearchdial.com;
- Some strange icons and programs are installed onto your desktop;
- General PC performance is beyond ridiculously slow.
Tricky and Hard-core Mysearchdial
Mysearchdial.com is a tricky program that manages to fool even professional reporters. To get a clear view on the browser hijacker, you are welcome to read the following report by one of its victims:
‘Please help! I stupidly downloaded a program from a "trusted" source and it has installed malware on my computer. Specifically mysearchdial redirect toolbar that reinstalls despite the fact I have removed it from my computer. I think it must be hiding inside another program but I can't work out which one (although there is an icon called Online Games that I swear I've never seen before.) I have used kapersky tdsskiller but it didn't detect anything. Also please note that the redirect only happens on start-up and after that I can use the browser normally. I'm using chrome and iexplorer and running Windows 7.’
Apparently that mysearchdial is smart not to use its name to label all its components in a bid to avoid being deleted easily. And we have found that some of its parts are similar to legit ones supposed to belong to system. Therefore, your trusted anti-virus programs would not help with the extermination work.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Stop Mysearchdial Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of start.mysearchdial.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by mysearchdial:
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbardtx.ini
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarguid.dat
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbaruninstallIE.dat
- %AppData%[trojan name]toolbaruninstallStatIE.dat
3. Delete all registry values related to mysearchdial in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCurVer
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCLSID
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuard
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuard.1
4. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Stop Mysearchdial automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Stop Mysearchdial
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove Stop Mysearchdial right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.