‘I really can't decide, it did shut down my old computer, and we just fixed our new one, but the thing is that SO MANY PEOPLE ONLINE SAY ITS SAFE, and even if they say it's not safe, it's not about a virus or anything, i have no idea what to do, because I really love that game, millions players play it and don't have a virus, but mine does every time!!!’
There are several ways to detect wizard 101 malware:
- Every time you open up your browser (Mozilla Firefox/ Google Chrome/ IE), the first page that opens is the Wizard101 page.
- You are offered coupons on ads from wizard101.
- You got security alert popup from wizard101, telling you to log on wizard101 page to solve the problem.
Dangers to Have Wizard101 Malware
Safe as you are told wizard101 is, you are getting more troubles because of it. More coupons are showing on your browser when you are trying to search something; page loading speed is sliced down a lot; computer will suddenly stuck somehow; there are some unfamiliar items on the computer and so on.
What makes wizard101 suspicious is that it cannot be found on Control Panel, which is just the same as what all browser malware does. Wizard101 can post some potential dangers to your computer. And the longer wizard101 stays on your machine, the more damage you will run into because of your failure in finding an efficient way to get rid of wizard101 completely:
- Vulnerability is made on browser which allows vicious and stubborn add-ons to settle down;
- Tracking cookies will be in to collect your favorite;
- Some system service will be disabled to some extent;
- Error messages are showing up when attempts to make changes are implemented.
Do not want further damages because of wizard101, it is advised to fix the problem as soon as possible. Follow the steps below, you will find your answer. Should you be a novice when it comes to computer, you are welcome live chat with online computer experts 24/7 here.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of wizard101.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by wizard101:
- %Program Files%\ Wizard 101
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Wizard 101.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[random]
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
For Mozilla Firefox users
1) Open Mozilla Firefox
2) Click Tools
3) Click Options
4) Click the Web features button on the left hand side of the Options window.
5) If you have allowed popups on a site you wish to now block you can also click "Allowed sites" in this window and remove any sites you wish to block any popup on.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer users
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) Click Tools
3) Click Options
4) Click the Privacy tab
5) At the bottom of the Privacy tab you should have a Pop-up Blocker section. If you wish pop-ups to be blocked check the "Block pop-ups" option.
use Google Toolbar to disable wizard101
If you are using Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer, it is highly recommended that you try the Google Toolbar, which includes a free popup blocker.
Tee Support online Experts are professional and specialized in deleting all kinds of computer infections and have developed unique solutions that will help you get rid of wizard101 completely in about 30 minutes via Remote Assistance which is based on the world leading remote assistance software called Team Viewer. We guarantee a complete fix and will help tune up your machine after the fix.