- Collecting any information stored in registry entries, and selling those information to other spammers in a bit to find out vulnerability on certain machine for easy and successful infiltration;
- Tracking users’ whereabouts and remember their preference so as to sell those information to adware;
- Providing shortcut access to spam information to help implement infiltration by other virus and get commission.
Problems occurred after onewebsearch.com’s infiltration includes more than one issue:
- onewebsearch.com redirect happens when click on the topic or web address that you want;
- onewebsearch.com redirects seconds after you click open what you want and pressing the back arrow will not recover that.
Troubleshoot you have put in but to zero progress:
- removed (not just quarantined) all detections by several installed anti-virus programs;
- removed malicious onewebsearch.com and all its keys, etc. from registry editor;
- restored infected browser to default ;
- uninstalled and reinstall browser (even though it is a different version);
which doesn’t mean that manual remove method will not help anything; a complete remove pack is needed to eradicate onewebsearch homepage virus. You know onewebsearch.com is a virus attack but you are out of your wit to get rid of this?
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Onewebsearch.com Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of onewebsearch.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by onewebsearch.com:
3. Delete all registry values related to onewebsearch.com in your local hard disk C
- HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settingsrandom
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
assuming you use Google Chrome:
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Onewebsearch.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Onewebsearch.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.