Description on feed.snapdo.com: Feed.snapdo.com is a new variant of search.snapdo.com, therefore, they share the same interface. We have found that feed.snapdo.com will redirect directly to search.snapdo.com. Feed.snapdo is a browser hijacker that would harass your default homepage and would provide some unrelated search results to promote fake anti-virus programs.
Trick by feed.snapdo.com: it most of the time acts just like a normal search engine:
1) gives search result that would be attached by its domain ‘feed.snapdo.com/ search.snapdo.com’, which is exactly what Google does;
2) would attach its toolbar onto your browser.
With time goes, you will notice that feed.snapdo is getting arbitrary: its toolbar would simply pop up and make your quest word typed into its search box instead of the original one; feed.snapdo.com would open itself automatically during browsing session. All previous silence is paying off. Therefore, we techs would suggest any PC user who gets feed.snapdo.com installed without knowledge find a quick way to eradicate the fake search engine program regardless what has been done to that compromised machine. Here, we list problems you may get if you delay the removal of feed.snapdo.com:
- Additional ads are coming into sight, they may be followed by unknown toolbar installation;
- Slow computer running speed;
- Page-loading speed is also getting slow;
- System firewall may not stay stable.
Dangers to have feed.snapdo.com: there may be more problems happening on your computer after the installation of feed.snapdo.com because a backdoor is opened up secretly. It is not staying anywhere, it is right in front of you - feed.snapdo.com.
- Each quest made to feed.snapdo would help load down cookies, files and other junks like random add-ons/ plug-ins/ extensions.
- A backdoor will be easily taken advantage by deadly virus like fake anti-spyware programs, police lock down virus and the like.
- Your whereabouts will be remembered and sent to a remote server each time you get redirected to feed.snapdo.com so that its spammer could gain a sum of money by reselling it.
Scans by various secure programs will not help? Control Panel will not contribute to any progress? You are welcome to follow the below steps and good luck!
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of feed.snapdo.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by feed.snapdo.com:
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe
3. Delete all registry values related to feed.snapdo.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ Snap.do
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\
4. Remove add-ons:
assuming you use Google Chrome
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
all online blog articles are written based on virus sample, be noticed that every deadly virus that refuses to be removed by installed anti-virus programs is capable of keeping updated/ mutating. Should you encounter extra weird situation when getting feed.snapdo.com after quite a while, you are welcome to start a live chat for personalized solution that guarantee a complete fix from online tech support 24/7 here.