Tech Summary on My Start by Incredibar (mystart.incredibar.com)
Mystart.incredibar.com is a browser malware that will simply direct you to its page or other sites that based on its domain. Mystart.incredibar.com is a tracking domain that distributes ads across a broad network of search partners and content sites. To be with my start by incredibar, your information will be resold to other spammers and thus you’ll get constant threat alert from your installed security utilities and be busy tackling virus remove issue.
It has been found that the issue is not restricted to Firefox only, Chrome would run into the phishing site if unwitting online practice has been done to let Rookit in. Here is the list of annoying behaviors by mystart.incredibar.com if you don’t hurry up to get rid of the search engine virus:
1. Homepage is replaced with mystart.incredibar.com.
2. Frequently get redirected to mystart.incredibar.com and other affiliate pages.
3. Random ad or fake award type pages opens automatically quite often.
4. Frustrated commercial pop ups.
5. Certain sites are blocked
6. No access to related search results.
7. Tasks freeze up sometimes.
How to Remove/uninstall Mystart.incredibar.com?
‘Picked up this useless search bar accidentally and can't get rid of it. Blocking the url with Avast just prevents Firefox from opening. Can't find a program with this name to delete. Plugin does not appear in Add-ons file. Any suggestions that work would be most helpful.’ – from one of its victims.
Follow the steps to help yourself. Should you fails because of the length of time you’ve kept it and the situation that you get additional virus after mystart.incredibar.com.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Mystart.incredibar.com Manually1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of mystart.incredibar.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by mystart.incredibar.com.:
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\GottenAppsContextMenu.xml
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\Incredibar-Games_ENToolbarHelper.exe
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\ldrtbIncr.dll
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\OtherAppsContextMenu.xml
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\prxtbIncr.dll
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\SharedAppsContextMenu.xml
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\tbIncr.dll
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\toolbar.cfg
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\ToolbarContextMenu.xml
- C:\Program Files\Incredibar-Games_EN\uninstall.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Conduit\RevertSettings "http://mystart.Incredibar.com?a=1ex6GUYANIc&i=38"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM\38 "PPD"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage "http://mystart.Incredibar.com?a=1ex6GUYANIc&i=38"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Conduit\Toolbars "Incredibar-Games EN Toolbar"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar "Incredibar-Games EN Toolbar"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Incredibar-Games EN Toolbar
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Mystart.incredibar.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Mystart.incredibar.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove Mystart.incredibar.com right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.