We need to shake off searchiu.com that provides search bar for you immediately. Searchiu is no doubt not an ideal tool do search because it is a browser malware that:
- Gives you many unrelated search results;
- Brings with annoying pop up ads;
- Follows where you go with searchiu domain at the head of search URL.
Is it Dangerous to be Redirected by Searchiu.com?
The answer is positive though you can’t see what it has done.
Usually, searchiu search engine virus will not be detected by installed anti-spyware since it gets into the system by exploiting web apps and inserting malicious registry values alongside with legit components to cover its trace. As a matter of fact, searchiu.com page is the backdoor that you don’t know about. By frequently making queries to searchiu.com, more commands to impair the system for information is loaded down as well as tracking cookies and other junks.
If you are still being in peace with searchiu browser hijacker, you’d better hurry up by following the steps before unsolicited access from remote hacker is made.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Searchiu.com Manually1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of searchiu.com.
2. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by searchiu:
3. Delete all registry values related to searchiu.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\random
- HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run |Regedit32
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[random].exe
Don't forget to Clear up your broswer
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Searchiu.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Searchiu.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove Searchiu.com right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.