- Installed browser is redirecting almost all of your searches to random sites with ads, and music may start playing in the background;
- Seems like portaldosites redirect in the browser is getting more active now and double bumping PC users to fake sites;
- Usually relevant topics to what search was about, trying to get user to buy something, most of them are fake anti-spyware programs;
- Corners of browsers (Firefox/ IE/ Chrome) may be hijacked with a square that slides up on either side with either a video, or text related to what you are browsing;
- Overall computer performance is down, with that, page loading speed is also slow.
- portaldosites.com is a tracking site, an address associated with dictionary attacks;
- with the help of portaldosites.com homepage virus, remote hacker manages to break into your system and to see clearly every move you make on the machine through routers;
- portaldosites virus rides a computer of all temp files, when you try to reconfigure something, error message like "The following objects could not be removed" will occur to your face;
- backdoor by portaldosites search engine virus is always exploited by tracking cookies, in other words, your information will be scrape and you don’t know anything about that;
- by reselling stolen information, spammer behind portaldosites the browser hijacker manages to get easy money and leave you with a computer attacked by various virus; up to that point, you will notice unfamiliar toolbar is installed onto your computer, installed anti-virus program gives out threat alert from time to time.
Since it's so sporadic, most PC users will not take portaldosites redirect seriously. The longer you leave portaldosites, the more possibilities that you will get all the above listed troubles. Avoid that and to regain the healthy computer back as soon as possible.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove PortaldoSites Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of portaldosites.com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by portaldosites.com:
3. Delete all registry values related to portaldosites.com in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address]
Don't forget to cleanse your browser
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove PortaldoSites automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block PortaldoSites
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove PortaldoSites right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.