- Unexpected pop ups shown on the infected browser;
- If the PC owner gets more than one browser installed on the system, he/she may get others infected by holasearch since it may load down Rookit;
- Tracking cookies are loaded down by hola browser hijacker to track down users’ information on one hand and cause crashes both on browser and system on the other hand;
- Search results are no longer related ones but text content with many hype links contained within;
- URL of search results always begins with holasearch.com and ends with a series of random numbers or letters;
- Installed search engines are given to holasearch;
- Toolbar of holarsearch and others installs on the browser without asking for permission;
- Unfamiliar icons are showing on the desktop;
Nuke holasearch.com to get back your working machine, you are welcome to follow the steps to help yourself below.
How to Remove Holasearch.com Easily?
Plan A: Remove Holasearch.com Manually1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of holasearch.com:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by holasearch:
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroTray.exe
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
- C:\Program Files\PC Tools Security\pctsGui.exe
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all holasearch's running processes.
Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to holasearch.com in your local hard disk C.
Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor:
Good for you: Wanna make the removal of Holasearch.com easier? Dare to try something new? Spyhunter can not only remove Holasearch.com completely for you but also protect your computer from additional malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware. Download and install Spyunter right away!
Plan B: Remove Holasearch.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download Free SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Holasearch.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Are you thinking about making the Holasearch.com removal 1 stone 2 birds happen? There is actually one antivirus program can help you. Download and install Spyhunter to remove Holasearch.com and protect your computer in the futher!