'Past few weeks I noticed a flag on my task bar, it showed one problem. It said, date was Nov 15 Norton: Remove the Win32/Small.CA virus. Solution send me to microsoft website to run a scan which showed no problem. When I turned my computer on, it gave me a blue screen saying STOP. I shut the computer down, then restarted it. It wasnted to scan & repair so I said fine. It couldn't repair anything & shut down my computer. I restarted it hoping to get into safe mode but it went directly to my normal windows. I.m running win7. Then noticed I had another flag abouta problem. It said these problems werent sent to Microsoft. They were dated today. Had Video hardware error checked twice.’ – report from one of its victims.
The commonly seen scenario given by Win32/Small.CA is Blue Screen of Death(BSOD), it seems to be easily recovered but then the same issue happens more frequently. Even sometimes PC owners manage to use the computer, the machine runs frustratingly slow.
2 Amazing Suggestions for Removing Win32/small.ca
We have found that Win32/Small.CA is extremely aggressive that it is programmed to disable system service to extract as much information as it can once.
Suggestion A: Remove Win32/small.ca Manually
Considering some functionalities have been disabled to some extent and the fact that no installed security programs can help, manual approach is the only hope, yet it reference special computer knowledge. If you are not able to get rid of Win32/small.ca with the following steps.
Explicit Procedures on How to Uninstall AVASoft Antivirus Professional
1. Reboot your computer and log into Safe Mode with Networking.
Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Show hidden files.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by Win32/small.ca.
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe(Win32/Small.CA)
- C:\Program Files\ViiKiiDesktopPlugin\ViiKiiDesktopPlugin.exe
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
- c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
4: Please stop the processesof Win32/small.ca
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL key to open Task Manager
5. Go to the Registry Editor to delete all entries related to Win32/small.ca.
Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “.exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Win32/Small.CA”
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
6. Reset your IE
a) Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
b) In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Restore Defaults button and then press OK.
Attention: Too busy to follow the manual removal solutions? Would you like Safesearch to be gone automatically and permanently? Why not just Download and Install Spyhunter to make it come true?
Suggestion B: Remove Win32/small.ca automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to Download and Install Spyhunter to deal with your computer issue.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Win32/small.ca
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Friendly Reminder:Spyhunter will always be your first and wise choice to protect your computer. It literally can remove Win32/small.ca and prevent the future infection.Download and Install Free Spyhunter without any hesitation!
>> Check out your computer with the free antivirus program
>> Scan your computer with the amazing security tool